Thursday, June 19, 2008

moving to step down

Mom is being moved to "step down" tonight and apparently being moved out of isolation. "Step down" is the area between intensive care and regular ward care.

She doesn't want to be in the hospital anymore and would like to go home. she hasn't regained her ability to talk yet.

Communicating from her bed is very difficult as there's not wireless access inside the hospital, as it is they don't like cell phones. She's still very weak, even writing with a pen and paper can be tiring for her. Talking is extremely difficult, she can barley put out a whisper. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that Sylvia is making some progress....She has been through so much.

Darren, could you do me a favor and run the virus scanner on your Mom's computer when you get a chance. I've been receiving MSN Instant Messages from her (haroldandsylvia)saying I've won a cruise...and I know they are NOT from her since she is in hospital. I'm thinking that if you run her virus scanner it will wipe out any "tracking cookie" that might be in there. Thanks and please tell Sylvia that I send my prayers.........Ruth from Friends In Touch

Anonymous said...

We understand Darren. There will be time when Sly is home and stronger to catch up.

Just give her our love and hugs from CCN....ty

Ruth....I been getting those messages from several on my contact list....scarey.

Prayers continue for Sylvia and her family

Lennie....from cancercarenetwork

Anonymous said...

Darren - I have been to the hospital twice and of course as yet unable to see Sylvia but maybe next time now I will be allowed in 'step-down' or regular ward; or perhaps soon she will be home! Anyway please let her know she is so precious in God's heart. He is especially fond of her.
Is she able to read or listen to books on tape or music (i-pod?)
We are praying for you.... your Crossroads family via Anita W.

Anonymous said...

Darren, please let Sylvia know that her friends from the old chat room REAL CANCER SUPPORT have her in our thoughts and prayers.

In His Love,
Bama Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia..Did you ever get the Greeting card that was sent to you from Crossroads church..I was hoping that it would have been forwarded by St. Pauls Hospital to Royal Inland in Kamloops..it had lots of notes in it from the church people..Begin to thank the Lord for your healing Sylvia..love Mary